CoatRack's Tutorial to Level Creation in DeleD CE (Work In Progress)
01-22-2015, 08:40 PM
CoatRack's Tutorial to Level Creation in DeleD CE (Work In Progress)
Being one of the first who made a working level (other one being BaNaNa, who made a really cool level, Twisty Turns), I figured I would write up an tutorial on the basics of creating a level for this game. Being a former Doom-based game modder, I picked up DeleD CE since it's level creation system seemed really similar to the likes of Doom Builder with the grid snapping and face texturing.

When making my first level, I found myself having to tear levels apart, and asking AJ and Mike for info on the workings of level design, as there was no real documentary of their level creation out. So I am doing my best to write one up, not quite finished yet, but hopefully this can get you guys started: Click me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: CoatRack's Tutorial to Level Creation in DeleD CE (Work In Progress)
CoatRack, this is a great start - thank you for taking this on! If you need any information from us, you know where we can be found. We're going to try and spare a few hours to add our own documentation on things that aren't so easy to reverse engineer (all the object types, scripting, level flags, et al) as soon as we can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply